Osetra Caviar in Butter Sauce
Level of difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
350g unsalted butter, chilled
2 shallots, diced
1 tbsp champagne vinegar
125ml dry white wine
125ml fish stock
8 tsp black Osetra
salt and freshly ground black pepper
You will need:
Scales, measuring spoons, wide heavy-based saucepan, heat-proof spatula,
cook's knife, chopping board, measuring jug
1. Heat a tablespoon of the butter in a wide heavy-based saucepan over
medium heat. Add the shallot and sweat for a couple of minutes, without
allowing it to brown.
2. Deglaze the pan with the champagne vinegar. Simmer
gently until the liquid has almost evaporated.
3. Add the wine and fish stock and reduce until 3
4. Cut the remaining butter into large cubes.
5. Begin swirling the cold butter into the liquid
over medium heat. The liquid should be hot and it doesn't matter if it
boils. Stir constantly and continue adding the butter until the desired
consistency is achieved. Wait until each piece of butter has emulsified
before adding the next. The sauce should coat the back of a spoon.
6. Season to taste just before serving and stir
in 1 teaspoon of black
caviar per person.
Here some more very useful resources